Newly Formed Company Brings Patented Cloud-based Fleet and Safety Solution to Market
HOUSTON … April 11, 2016 … Gorilla Safety, a provider of an innovative, proprietary and patented software solution that fully automates all aspects of fleet and safety management, announced today the formation of the Company and the launch of its new mobile application and web-based dashboard.
Gorilla Safety was launched in January 2016, unveiling its revolutionary mobile app, which is the first and only cloud-based solution that fully integrates all the capabilities necessary for safely and efficiently managing short-haul and long-haul vehicle fleets of any size into one platform.
All constituents involved in the fleet management process — fleet managers, office staff, drivers, mechanics and owner operators — can use Gorilla Safety to enhance Department of Transportation SAFER scores, reduce insurance premiums, optimize efficiencies, improve productivity, control costs, increase profits and perhaps most importantly, make today’s highways a safer place for all drivers.
According to the Federal Motor Carriers Safety Administration, more than one in five trucks are put out of service for safety defects. Gorilla Safety was developed to address this staggering fact, and to help ensure highway safety by maximizing utilization of the features of its industry-changing technology.
Gorilla Safety’s advanced technology platform is easily accessed from iOS and Android smart phones and tablets as well as from a computer via a web-based dashboard. From the palm of one’s hand and with just a few clicks, Gorilla Safety users can seamlessly perform a range of functions pertinent to the successful and safe management of large fleets, using advanced features that allow for the:
- Recording hours of service electronically through eLogs,Electronic Logging Devices (ELD) or Local Radius Platform
- Managing of accidents through real-time reporting, real-time investigation and recount of accident/data collection at the scene, with ability to upload photos and record [voice] testimony of incident
- Performing of closed-loop inspections through automated Electronic Daily Vehicle Inspection Report (eDVIR), which integrates mechanic app in real-time (Gorilla Safety is the first company to bring this patented tool to market)
- Tracking of fuel use and vehicle maintenance
- Use of GPS to track fleet assets
- Incorporation of an ELD self-certified compliant device that meets guidelines set forth by the U.S. Department of Transportation’s Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) ELD Mandate Scheduling
- Development and storage of critical (paperless) documentation such as receipts, bills of lading, customized policies and procedures manuals, HR-required documents, training tools, etc., enabling app to be used as a proficient HR management tool for training/managing employees; and citing and storing violations (first company to feature this capability)
- Sharing of information among permissible, granted users so everyone is on same platform, has access to same data at the same time and receives customized alerts and notifications to remain complaint and productive
“Gorilla Safety is leading the way in helping move forward what is traditionally a cumbersome paper-laden process that has long been the standard in the trucking industry. Gorilla Safety’s solution directly addresses a void in the marketplace by placing all the functions for successfully managing fleets into one, easy-to-use and easy-to-access mobile app that improves productivity, increases profitability and lowers insurance claims and premiums. The singular goal of this Company is to ensure all roads become safer for every motorist, which is the catalyst behind our innovation. Using proprietary technology, automation and paperless record-keeping and documentation processes that ensure accuracy and safety, Gorilla Safety’s mission is to make U.S. roads safer one truck at a time,” explained co-founder Mark Walton.
Co-founder Tommy Johnson added: “We founded this Company to help improve the ways in which fleets are managed so that safety is paramount. As insurance professionals with a combined track record of experience that spans nearly 30 years, we recognize firsthand the benefits a software solution like Gorilla Safety can bring to all parties involved. We deliberately custom designed our mobile app placing their needs first and foremost. Insurance companies can also benefit from their clients using Gorilla Safety as they realize that vehicles managed through our mobile app are safer for the roads, and there will be substantial reductions in payouts of claims when used.”
Gorilla Safety helps combat rising costs of insurance claims. It is the first technology available to the trucking industry with the potential to reduce claims and, in turn, lower insurance premiums by as much as 60%. Every day it takes for fleet managers to file claims causes total claim costs to rise by 3.9%. For example, if $100,000 in claims are submitted annually, that equates to $39,000 in claim reduction simply by having an automated first notice of loss. Most Gorilla Safety clients see an improvement of 3-5 days, on average, in this area by using the new app. This, coupled with an expected 15% improvement in total claims costs based on fraud avoidance, results in significant savings for any fleet operator.
About Gorilla Safety
Launched at the onset of 2016 and founded in 2013 by two seasoned insurance industry professionals, Houston-based Gorilla Safety provides the transportation industry with a patented, affordable cloud-based software solution that automates every aspect of fleet and safety management. Gorilla Safety brings to the marketplace the first and only easy-to-use mobile app that fully integrates all the capabilities necessary for safely and efficiently managing large short-haul and long-haul vehicle fleets. The Gorilla Safety app boasts many features that allow users to better manage their business, improve productivity, increase profitability and lower insurance claims and premiums – all done quickly and simply from the palm of their hands.
# # #